Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Sick!

Bah, I've done little in the past few days. It seems that every time I start a new exercise routine I get a horrible cold. So, I'm in a holding pattern. And I'm sure I've had well over my calories today; I don't feel that guilty since I need good stuff to get better, but still, I feel like a cheater.

I made chicken noodle soup today from scratch! No recipe, except a list of ingredients for the noodles. Originally I had planned to go the whole nine yards and boil the chicken to make stock, but James bought a hot rotisserie chicken instead of a raw one - it didn't matter much, and in hindsight that was probably better anyway. I had organic free-range chicken stock and some veggies lying around the house and just dumped them all in. Surprisingly, it turned out super-good! I had seconds. And more for lunch tomorrow.

I'm annoyed that colds knock me out as much as they do. I went to Urgent Care Monday since my doctor is way up in Tualatin and she's only around two days of the week. The Urgent Care doctor said that since I'm immuno-compromised, medicine doesn't help me much and I get way sicker than normal people. He basically said, "Sorry, I can't do much for you." At least he gave me the Sudafed that was the reason I was there to begin with. I understand the reasons behind the Oregon law, but I'm not cooking meth and I don't appreciate feeling like I have to prove that to doctors, thankyouverymuch. At least he made a joke about it. And gave me free steroid nasal spray to help my stuffiness. And a prescription for an antibiotic if my sinus infection gets worse, not that I'll really use it. Oh! And a refill on the Sudafed. Woot.

Enough rambling. I hope work doesn't make me relapse tomorrow. It's already moving to my chest and I only have six Vicodin left.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

get better soon!!

it seems like I've been making chicken noodle soup once a week or so. everyone loves it and it last two days- perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your soup making. I"m sending you both the history of the great-grandparents. You'll learn the history of the noodle making mamas.

Feel better soon, Beentsy.