Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Big goals

I returned to the gym today, feeling recovered enough from my cold that I wouldn't relapse. James had class today, so I've been home alone... which means washing the bed linens (and buying new pillows!), tidying up the bathroom, and of course, exercise. I got such little sleep last night I almost wimped out, but I figured that if it was Wednesday by the time I did it, I'd feel horrible. And while I'm sore now, I think I'll sleep much better.

After a few months of deliberation, James and I have decided that I'm going to apply to an Administrative License program. It's only 11 months and it starts in July. Even if I don't do anything with the license after I get it, I'll jump to the next tier over on the pay schedule (due to all the additional credits), which would mean the license would pay for itself after a couple years. AND Spanish classes are part of the program, which I thought quite smart/progressive. This, of course, means that not only do I have to act more responsible, but also look it. I'm really going to amp up my dieting/exercise so that by the time I start the program, I'll be fit and confident and feel professional. Not like the slob I kinda feel like now.

Now, on to take a shower and crawl into a freshly made bed with brand-new pillows...

1 comment:

Ginny said...

sounds great!

what do you normally do at the gym? always looking for new ideas....