Wednesday, January 07, 2009

New program

So I've started a new diet/exercise program and I'm really feeling good about it. I officially started it Monday and already I can feel a difference in my energy level, etc. My white binder that I made with food diary and four months worth of meal calendars goes with me everywhere, and I've been religious about putting stuff in there. This morning's breakfast: "yogurt with blueberries, 130 cal. Two carrot sticks, 20 cal."

One of the best things about eating better, besides the obvious health benefits, is that things taste better now. Those carrot sticks that I grabbed for breakfast were pretty sweet-tasting, but if I'd been eating sugar in the last four days they wouldn't have been. So, it doesn't seem like horrific punishment to eat vegetables anymore.

Also, with my food menu calendars, I've included exercise. I didn't go on a walk yesterday because it was raining, but I've got both other days and that also does not seem like punishment. I guess it might be attitude, but also that I think I'm in a better place as a person now. And this year is going super well so I'm riding that karma for as long as I can!

So, the official starting weight: 215. Blood pressure: 140/80 (as of three weeks ago).

3 comments:

russia boy said...

Go Aud! You are going to be my inspiration this year. I've lost 20 pounds, but still have a long way to go. Of course, Dave lost 30 in the same amount of time...men...they have it so easy!! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are my inspiration, too.

Anonymous said...

Go for it Audrey!!!