Sunday, January 24, 2010

To address my (way) earlier post in August:

I injured my knee and had to quit running for a while. Then the weather turned bad. And although I had been keeping strict tabs on my diet, and had upped my running to four miles four times a week, I gained two pounds in the two months I did it. Since that really shouldn't have happened, I went to my doctor, who tested my thyroid... it was totally normal. So, I'm extremely frustrated. That led to my even stricter diet that I'm on currently.

Anyway, today I splurged and had roughly 15 or 1600 calories. I also started my gym membership and went for the first time today, so I feel pretty good besides the calorie splurge. Regardless of said splurge, I still should have lost weight today.

As of yesterday: 221.0 pounds.

I also ran out of my medicine yesterday. Today I've taken none, but since the amount of medicine necessary for me to feel okay is directly proportional to the amount of food I take, I never got sick! Of course, the day still hasn't come to an end, but that's still not bad at all. And I have an extra stash at work, so I should be fine until my doctor renews my prescription.

I've also started eating acai berry. Whole foods sells a million acai products, the cheapest at the time being a freeze-dried powder. I've been mixing it with juice at night - we'll see if I feel better/lose more weight. At least I'm getting tons of antioxidants.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I have a new trick I've been using to fight hunger- I drink a ton of peppermint and green tea throughout the day. Green tea is great at maintaining energy, and peppermint tea naturally suppresses hunger and is soothing to digestion. A lot of times when I feel hungry I'm actually thirsty.
I don't sweeten the tea.


I also have tried to stop snacking after dinner- instead I make a small cup of homemade hot cocoa with very little sugar.