Friday, January 29, 2010

friday journal

today's workout: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, level two. also: 4 10 min walks in windy 10 degree weather has to count for something right?

have been trying to eat nutrient dense foods: oatmeal with almonds for breakfast, hard boiled eggs for lunch, homemade granola for snack, lots of green and peppermint tea, and a yummy turkey/kidney bean taco with shredded lettuce and salsa. Had a huge mocha after dinner (it's friday....) I need to go to Whole Foods tomorrow to stock up on baby carrots and more apples and bananas for snacks.

I like the Jillian Michaels workout- it's a bit short for me, but totally intense and I'm feeling a bit sore today- a good sign. If I can't run, this is a good choice for cardio and strength. I don't care if I'm a total nerd for doing a video workout, plus I can do it with the kids here so there are no excuses for missing a workout.

Tomorrow's fitness goal- I'd love to fit in a run, since Sat and Sun are my days for a long run, but I can't go if the temp is below 20 degrees. Here's hoping for 20+ tomorrow! If not, I'll do another Jillian Michaels or the stairstepper.

1 comment:

Stargirl said...

You get a kajillion extra credit points for working out when it's below freezing outside.

I broke down and got a gym membership because my asthma acts up when it's colder than 40 and I'm allergic to rain. Something like that.